SEED 1dayPure EDOF
Delivering what multifocals promised
Designed by the Brien Holden Vision Institute for early myopia management and presbyopia, the SEED 1dayPure EDOF has the most extensive parameter range available in a daily EDOF design, with powers ranging from +5.00 to -12.00 and 3 different depths of focus.
SEED 1dayPure EDOF allows lens users to perceive images to be continuously in focus over a wide range of visual distances, from near to far.
+5.00 ~ +0.25D (0.25D steps)
-0.25D ~ -8.00D (0.25D steps)
-8.50 ~ -12.00 (0.50D steps)
|Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF)*||
Lo: Low Depth of Focus
|Centre Thickness||0.07mm (at -3.00)|
|Pack||32 lenses in each box|
Equivalent Add Powers: Low (+0.75D), Mid (+1.50D), Hi (+2.25D)
- Water Content – 58%
- Base Curve – 8.40mm
- Diameter – 14.20mm
- Power – +2.00 ~ +0.25D (0.25D steps) / ± 0.00D / -0.25D ~ -8.00D (0.25D steps)
- Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF)* – Lo: Low Depth of Focus / Mid: Middle Depth of Focus / Hi: High Depth of Focus
- Centre Thickness – 0.07mm (at -3.00)
- Pack – 32 lenses in each box
* Equivalent Add Powers: Low (+0.75D), Mid (+1.50D), Hi (+2.25D)
EDOF design: a rapidly changing power profile – non monotonic.
(significantly different from old annular designs)
The effect: to increase ocular depth of focus without significant impact on retinal sensitivity & quality whilst reducing the impact of inherent ocular aberrations.
SEED 1dayPure EDOF
Extended depth of focus (EDOF) allows lens users to perceive images to be continuously in focus over a wide range of visual distances, from near to far.
A bifocal lens has two focal points for optimal focus. Lens users perceive focused images at each focal point and within their depths of focus, while images at intermediate distances are perceived as out of focus.
EDOF design delivers…
- Visual performance at intermediate and near distances without degrading distance vision
- More consistent vision regardless of lens centration and pupil size
EDOF under varying light conditions